top of page
  • Camp Letterman's Witness Magnifying Glass
  • Camp Letterman's Witness Magnifying Glass
  • Camp Letterman's Witness Magnifying Glass
  • Camp Letterman's Witness Magnifying Glass
SKU: WT-146

Camp Letterman's Witness Magnifying Glass

$65.00Price

In the aftermath of the Battle of Gettysburg, government approval ws quickly secured approval to create a new general field hospital to care for the thousands of wounded from both sides. Built sometime after July 8, 1863,[5] it opened on July 22,[6] and was named Camp Letterman in honor of Jonathan Letterman, M.D., the "Father of Battlefield Medicine" who created medical management procedures which transformed Civil War-era medicine

  • The wood used to create this product is guaranteed to be from the oak Witness Tree that still stands today on the site of what once was Camp Letterman. The tree was legally harvested, portions of which, were secured by Gettysburg Sentinels.  

  • Available without engraving.

bottom of page